Monday, March 30, 2009

Spinach-Pasta Toss

It tastes like a restaurant dish, but is way easy! Originally from the Spring '09 Food & Family magazine, I adapted it to what I had. I'll post the original and then say what I did.

1 can (14 1/2 oz.) Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
2 C penne pasta, uncooked
1 C water
1 pkg (9 oz.) baby spinach leaves
1 C Kraft 2% Milk Shredded Italian 3 cheese blend

Boil tomato, pasta, and water in large saucepan. Stir. Cover. Simmer on medium-low heat 10 min. Uncover. Simmer 1 min. or just until pasta is tender. Add 1/2 of the spinach. Simmer, covered, 2min. or until wilted. Stir. Repeat with remaining spinach. Served topped with cheese.

*I only had a regular diced tomato can, so I used it and some italian seasoning (maybe 1 T or so). Also, we just put mozzarella and parmesan on it cause I didn't have the blend. It was good! Serve with some garlic bread and you have a meal!

No comments: