Thursday, June 7, 2012

Acine De pepe Salad

This recipe comes from my Grandma Lent.  I wish you could see the recipe card I have that is so cute, and even states it's from her kitchen!  (I'm not going to post a picture.)

Megan always calls me for the recipe, so I'm putting here...then neither of us can lose it as easily!  This makes LOTS, so I usually do 1/2 of the recipe for my family and we still have leftovers.  Yum!

1/2 pkg macaroni (acine de pepe)
1 1/2 qt H2O (to boil)
1 1/2 t salt
1 t butter

Cook till tender, rinse in cold water.

Sauce:
1 C sugar
2 T flour
Combine in sauce pan, then add
1 3/4 C pineapple juice (from the cans of pineapple)
2 eggs, beaten
1 T lemon juice (see below)
Cook till thick and smooth, add lemon juice and cool.

3 cans mandarin oranges, drained
2 20oz cans of pineapple chunks pineapple, drained
1 20oz can crushed pineapple, drained
2 C small marshmallows
1 C coconut
1 9oz cool whip

Put macaroni in bowl.  Add sauce and the rest until blended.  Let stand overnight.

No comments: